Nanny CV Examples
A strong CV for nanny roles demonstrates professionalism while referencing the kind, caring nature that all good nannies should have. It showcases the experience and education that reassures parents and nurseries that you’ll take good care of their little ones.
Nanny CV Examples
Our Nanny CV example is a great resource if you need inspiration. From design and structure to accurate information, this candidate has nailed what a successful CV should look like:
- An appropriate font: The candidate has chosen a font that looks both professional and traditional. This works really well in sharing a sense of the nanny’s character and style of caring.
- Subtle use of colour: Subtle use of colour makes the CV look memorable without being overbearing. It’s the perfect colour for a nanny as it has soft, caring connotations, perfect for creating a good impression.
- Including certifications: For nannies, qualifications are key. This candidate has included all of their certifications, even isolating the key ones such as their ‘INA Credentialed Nanny Certification’ in their skills section to ensure employers spot them while skim reading.
- Providing detailed information: To support the listed roles, the candidate provided detailed information on what their day to day tasks were, while also limiting it to just 4-5 bullet points each time.
- Using professional language: By using terms like 'language development', the candidate shows that they're professional, and also a good communicator.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nanny CVs
What are the main duties of a nanny?
Nannies have quite a few duties. They can include the following:
- Washing and dressing children.
- Changing nappies and supporting children on visits to the toilet.
- Planning and cooking meals.
- Organising indoor and outdoor play.
- Leading educational activates and supporting with homework.
- Getting children prepared for bedtime.
- Administering any required medications.
What do people look for in a nanny?
There are a lot of key qualities people look for in a nanny. These include:
- A sense of nurturing
- The ability to have some fun
- Common sense
Key Skills for your Nanny CV
Your employer needs to know that you're able to safeguard and care for children. They’ll be putting a lot of trust in you, so you’ll need to demonstrate that you have the qualities required to do a good job.
Must-have qualities for Nanny positions
- Certified Childcare Provider
- Schedule creation and maintenance
- Infant, toddler, and pre-school curricula
- Food handling training
- Exceptional organisation skills
Related skills to help your Nanny CV stand out
- INA Credited Nanny Certificate
- Behaviour Management Techniques
- Reliable transportation
- CPR and first aid training
- Strong verbal communication
Build Your Perfect Nanny CV
Ready to create the ultimate Nanny CV to showcase your skills? We have more than a decade’s experience helping professional nannies take the next step in their careers.
Using our CV builder, you can create a standout CV in a matter of minutes. Choose an expertly designed template, add your education and work history, then fill the CV with professionally pre-written content that’s tailored to nanny roles.