When writing your psychologist CV, getting help from an expert psychologist CV sample like ours is a huge benefit. We’ve included targeted content with precise formatting and style guidance in our sample to cover off all the areas recruiters need to see. We also included examples of how to tailor your CV to the job you’re applying for. As a psychologist, there are challenges you’ll face when writing your CV. As well as having a psychology degree, you’ll need to demonstrate relevant experience in your chosen field. Also, you’ll need to enhance your CV with examples of research and other projects you’ve been successfully involved in. Also, as well as your professional psychology skills, you’ll need to have managerial and leadership qualities and give examples of these in your CV. Our psychologist CV sample helps you to tackle all the above and more in a step-by-step and logical way, for the best CV success.
Child Psychologist CV Sample
LiveCareer’s CV sample for a child psychologist is key when writing a professional and unique CV. Customise our sample to craft your own CV and use the following dos and don’ts to give you some insight into successful CV-writing.
- Do show your skills in not only counselling children but also their families to help solve conflicts and problems.
- Do refer to your accomplishments in your jobs to date, giving plenty of examples of successful outcomes.
- Don’t dilute messages in your professional summary. This short, concise section must deliver key information about you.
- Don’t break the two-page rule in your CV. Employers may switch off if presented with too much information.
Clinical Psychologist CV Sample
Write your accounts officer CV with the help of LiveCareer’s individual CV sample for this job. Our sample along with the following dos and don’ts will steer you down the right path for an effective and successful CV.
- Do show how you can interact with clients to help them gain an insight into their mental health, defining goals, and compiling action plans for recovery and adjustment.
- Do refer to the variety of treatment methods you can use such as psychotherapy and stress reduction therapy.
- Don’t fail to show how you’re adept at identifying psychological, emotional and behavioural issues and diagnosing disorders.
- Don’t write overly-long chunks of text. Keep paragraphs and sentences short and concise.
Counseling Psychologist CV Sample
Write an effective professional counselling psychologist CV to get you the job you want, utilising our dedicated CV sample as a template. In addition, use the advice below to get you off to an excellent start.
- Do stress your skills in counselling individuals, groups and families so they can understand problems, deal with crises and define tangible action plans.
- Do show your organisation and record-keeping skills through documenting patient information such as session and progress notes and plans for treatment, but making sure to adhere to confidentiality requirements.
- Don’t make sweeping statements like ‘all-round achiever’ without qualifying this in more detail, explaining why this describes you.
- Don’t leave out essential contact details in your CV. Make sure to include your name, phone number and email address.
Forensic Psychologist CV Sample
Our CV sample for a forensic psychologist will help you to target the job you really want. Also, our dos and don’ts below are ready to point you in the right direction to make a strong start on your CV.
- Do show your studies and analytical research into criminals and their crimes, showing how this has led to positive outcomes in your job.
- Do include all your relevant training, education and professional development. Start the list with your most recent qualification or training.
- Don’t leave significant and unexplained gaps in your CV. Provide explanations for career breaks.
- Don’t forget to include a cover letter with your CV. Try to direct it at the recruiter by name.
Psychiatric Technician CV Sample
A psychiatric technician CV needs to showcase your skills, knowledge and experience and you can achieve this with the help of our dedicated psychologist CV sample. You’ll also find our dos and don’ts are indispensable when it comes to writing your own unique CV.
- Do illustrate your ability to influence patients’ behaviour, communicating, and interacting with them as well as teaching and counselling them.
- Do show how you collaborate with or assist psychologists and other therapists, giving examples of this.
- Don’t forget to make your professional summary a 150-word, punchy, interesting and concise paragraph summing up your key competencies.
- Don’t forget to go through your CV with a fine tooth comb for accurate spelling and grammar and spelling. The free online tool ‘Grammarly’ can help with this (but remember it isn’t infallible).