Caretaker CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn extremely trustworthy and responsible caretaker with 10 years' experience of being the main key holder in charge of large and diverse premises. Highly knowledgable about premises security, including different types of security and fire alarm systems. Adept at carrying out various safety checks when unlocking and locking buildings. Committed to safeguarding staff and students in a school/college setting. Able to carry out fire alarm testing and record keeping for health and safety monitoring. Willing to be the nominated person for security alarm call-outs and to attend site to oversee out-of-hours activities, locking and unlocking as required, including late evenings and weekends. Excellent handyman and cleaning skills. Will be a great addition to any facilities team and also has experience of line managing a team of cleaning staff. Good IT skills to operate security systems e.g. CCTV and other premises interfaces.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ Level 2 certificate in Property, Facilities and Caretaking
- St. John Ambulance first aid at work certificate
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (C), Maths (C, Physics (C)
- Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to caretaking e.g. Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order.
- Competent premises risk assessor.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Always willing to learn new skills.
ExperienceCaretaker | Wayside College 2007 - present
- In charge of premises management and site security including locking and unlocking buildings.
- Part of the College's risk assessment team and health and safety committee.
- Overseeing the College's rolling maintenance program.
- Deputy to the Facilities Manager, with a wide range of security and premises duties and responsibilities in an industrial setting.
- Named key holder for emergency contacts.
- Responsible for maintaining key holder register.