Get ahead with our security guard CV examples
A perfect security guard CV is written clearly and with authority, representing the control and power required for the role. It includes all of your relevant experience in security roles along with the daily responsibilities involved. Qualifications and skills like BIIAB and weapons training provide extra detail that help your application to stand out.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Security guard CV example
If you want to know what a perfect CV looks like, our security guard CV example is the perfect starting point. Using a strong structure and subtle design elements, the CV appears both professional and memorable:
- A subtle header: The candidate has ensured they remain professional by keeping the header simple.
- A clean font: The clean looking font is easy to read and meets recruiters' expectations around professionalism.
- Industry-specific skills: By including industry-specific skills like ‘theft prevention training’ and ‘security guard license’, this candidate has successfully highlighted a desirable level of relevant expertise in the field.
- Experience to back the skills up: All the skills mentioned are backed up with extensive experience at companies like Asda, Sodexo, and most recently G4S.
- An error-free document: This candidate has obviously double- or triple-checked their CV, so it's error free and puts their best foot forward. Showing attention to detail is bound to impress employers.
Frequently asked questions about security guard CVs
What are the main duties of a security guard?
Security guards have a range of duties, depending on the level of security required. Core duties include:
- Securing premises by patrolling and monitoring CCTV.
- Restraining trespassers.
- Completing reports on suspicious activity and incidents.
- Permitting entry to secure areas for authorised personnel.
- Monitor and maintain security equipment.
- Sounding alarms in the event of an emergency.
What do you need to work in security?
To work in security, you need GCSEs in Maths and English GCSEs as a minimum. Many employers will also ask that you don't have a criminal record.
Some companies will be happy to hire and train you, either in-house or via external courses. If you want to stand out, enrolling on courses yourself shows real initiative.
Important skills for your security guard CV
Security is a vital role for many businesses as it protects them from potential threats. You need to showcase skills that show they can trust you to keep them safe.
Must-have skills for security guard positions
- Risk analysis training
- Crisis intervention training
- Electronic surveillance
- Security guard license
- Theft prevention training
Additional skills to help your security guard CV beat the competition
- Weapons training
- Government security clearance
- Arrest procedures
- Security Officer Registration Act (S.O.R.A) certification
Build your perfect security guard CV
An effective security guard CV is the first step towards your next security role. And we have over ten years' experience in helping ambitious security professionals do exactly that.
Our CV builder can help you create a security CV that ticks all the boxes employers are looking for. We make it quick and easy to build a CV that stands out for all the right reasons.