Photographer CV Examples
A perfect photographer CV is clear and to the point, reflecting all relevant photography experience in a concise and organised manner. It will highlight areas of photography expertise, but also showcase other skills such as attention to detail, self-motivation, and communication – all of which are vital for the role.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Photographer CV example
Our photographer example CV will show you exactly how to design and structure a successful CV.
- Clear contact information: The candidate has provided clear and easy to locate contact information. By placing this at the top of their CV, with blue accents, they have ensured that isn’t missed or overlooked.
- A strong personal statement: This photographer opens by mentioning the various industries they’ve worked in. There’s an emphasis on experience, paired with a quick summary of personal skills such as ability to deal with highly stressful situations.
- A concise summary of skills: Bullet pointing their skills allows employers to quickly ascertain their capabilities quickly in an easy to read fashion.
- Including only relevant experience: The candidate has kept their experience relevant, saving their employer time by not diluting their CV with unnecessary information.
- Using bullet points: Utilising bullet points in both the skills and work experience sections makes the CV as easy to read as possible.
Frequently asked questions about photographer CVs
How do you showcase your work as a professional photographer?
To showcase your work, you’ll want to create an outstanding portfolio. There are plenty of ways to do this. Many create a digital PDF where employers can flick through some of their best work. Others choose to build a portfolio website and some even send out physical booklets. The key is choosing images that speak for themselves and showcase technical ability.
Do you need certifications to become a professional photographer?
Qualifications are not essential for photographers. Many employers will be looking for talent, creativity, and evidenced ability so the main focus is in the experience. However, there are plenty of qualifications out there and they can back up your technical abilities. From GCSE level to Master’s degrees, there are a range of educational options to explore.
Essential skills for your photographer CV
As a photographer you’ll be finding the best angles for your client. So be sure to first find your own. Employers will want to be confident that you can organise the best shoots for them, so ensure you highlight relevant experience when discussing your skills.
Vital skills for photographer positions
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Client assessment and analysis
Related skills to help your photographer CV stand out
- Process implementation
- Customer service
Build your perfect photographer CV
If you’re ready to take the next steps in your photography career, then a high-quality CV is a must. We have been helping talented photographers communicate and showcase their experience for over a decade now, giving us knowledge of what exactly recruiters and employers are looking for. Use our CV builder to craft an impressive CV that will grab the attention of new employers.