Stock Controller CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryA very experienced stock control professional with formal qualifications in business administration and inventory management. Comprehensive knowledge of modern inventory management techniques along with the latest IT systems and how to use these in various settings to manage stock. Thorough knowledge of logistics and the supply chain. Able to maintain financial records to a high standard and work within budgets to keep efficient and effective stock levels, maximising working capital. Works to ISO 9001 quality standard. Effective line manager of stockroom and warehouse staff, able to set targets and effectively delegate tasks with friendly authoritative manner. Able to recruit and train staff on the job in essential stock processes as well as health and safety in the warehouse environment. Trained and competent in the operation of equipment and machinery e.g. forklifts and pallet trucks. Forms excellent working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers.
- MBA in Business Administration | Brunel University 2000-2003
- NVQ Level 4 in Supply Chain Management
- IOSH Managing Safely
- St John Ambulance First Aid in the Workplace
Professional MembershipsMember of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
Academic QualificationsA Levels: English (B), Maths (B), ICT (B), Business Studies (A)
- Thorough knowledge of inventory management, control, logistics and the supply chain and able to apply these skills to the job.
- Excellent analytical skills for the role and able to monitor, review and arrange for audits.
- An excellent line manager.
- Extensively health and safety trained.
ExperienceStock Controller | ABC Suppliers | June 2008 | present
- Managing and maintaining the company's product inventory including purchasing and distributing stock, creating stock profiles and logging stock locations using bespoke software.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and generating reports.
- Participating in company management meetings.
- Liaising with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Working to develop the company's inventory management strategies within budgets to generate savings, refine stock levels and maximize available working capital.