Mechanical Technician CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryA fully qualified mechanical technician, I have been employed for a number of companies to provide a professional level of work either in-house or for clients. I am experienced with all aspects of mechanical works, including repairs to engines, pumps and escalator systems. I am also well-versed with drawing up plans for new systems using common computer aided design (CAD) software packages. Familiar with installing and maintaining industrial plant equipment, I have also made parts for certain systems where replacements could not be ordered. I am a meticulous worker with a passion for problem solving and for making things work better. I am now seeking a new role with more responsibilities in order to make progress with my career.
Core Qualifications(NVQ) Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering, Level 3
- Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Trained in drives, valves and pumps (SEMTA)
Academic QualificationsCity and Guilds in Engineering Skills (1155)5 good passes at GCSE - Maths, English, Technology, Art and Science
- Fully skilled with repairing mechanical parts on railway signalling equipment.
- Knowledgeable with inspecting and repairing building systems, such as lifts and escalators.
- Able to take an orderly approach with overcoming both machinery and process problems and work with others to resolve issues effectively.
Work ExperienceRail Mechanical Technician | Manchester, May 2009 - Present
- Responsible for overseeing planned maintenance inspections of signalling equipment over weekend shifts.
- Developed new inspection processes to speed work up whilst ensuring works complied with railway health and safety legislation.
- Trained several junior members of the team to keep records of servicing up to date and to validate repairs.
- Responsible for on-site inspections of all sorts of plant in the north west of England, planning works in the most cost effective way.
- Serviced highly advanced equipment, such as robotic machinery being used on paint production lines.
- Wrote reports and customer feedback on both computer and paper, producing technical drawings when necessary.