Mental Health Nursing Assistant CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryWith several years worth of experience working in mental healthcare situations, I am a qualified healthcare assistant (HCA) currently working in a secure mental health wing of an NHS hospital. I am well-versed in dealing with patients with a number of mental health complaints including borderline personality disorder, clinical depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder and a variety of eating disorders. Under the supervision of clinicians, I am able to help patients to deal with their problems on a day-to-day basis and to recover, in many cases. A passionate advocate for the role of mental healthcare in society, I am able to work well with both nursing and ancillary staff in a way that supports the best healthcare interests of the patient.
Core QualificationsBTEC in Mental Health and Social Care | Example College 2009-10
- CACHE Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support, Level 2
- Royal College of Nursing registered.
- Disclosure and Barring Service cleared.
- Full, clean driver's license
Academic QualificationsCity and Guilds Level 1 in Community Mental Health Care6 GCSEs in English, Biology, History, Spanish, Art and Geography
- Trained in clinical hygiene and health and safety procedures for working in a secure mental health environment.
- Experienced in community mental healthcare and in providing treatments in patients' homes.
- Great communication skills, whether dealing with doctors, psychologists, nursing staff or patients.
Work ExperienceMental Health Assistant, Norwich - May 2014to present
- Responsible for assisting nursing staff with daily healthcare practices in a ward environment.
- Gained experience feeding patients who were too unwell to feed themselves or who needed encouragement to do so.
- Developed skills with taking patients into the community under two to one supervision.
- Visited patients in their homes for follow up care and provided reports for senior nursing staff.
- Developed a number of strategies for discussing mental health issues with clients in a tactful and sensitive way.
- Worked effectively in a large team, but was able to conduct myself under my own initiative, when needed.