Bike Mechanic CV Sample
Professional SummaryA professional, Cytec-qualified bike mechanic and dedicated bike enthusiast who has an extensive knowledge and comprehensive skills in building, servicing, repairing and overhauling bicycles. Able to work on every kind of bike from children's to adult bikes, electric cycles, tricycles and tandems. Has an excellent knowledge of all the major international makes and models of bikes across the decades, together with a thorough knowledge of how various materials perform when used in modern cycle technology, such as carbon fibre and titanium. Fully acquainted with the different component sets, such as Shimano and Campagnolo, knowing what to use and when. Superb problem solving skills to diagnose and repair complex faults. Skillful in wheel building and truing. Expert in front and rear bike suspension systems. Extremely physically fit and strong and able to test ride bicycles out on the road to ensure the job's done well. A great team player, able to cope with a high workload as well as work under pressure without compromising on quality.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Cycle Mechanics
- Cytec Qualifications: Theory 1, Technical 1, Technical 2, Technical 3
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (C), Maths (C)
- Thorough understanding of bicycle building and mechanics.
- Able to diagnose and repair complicated faults.
- Can write quotations for repairs and replacements for insurance purposes.
- Good communicator with a strong team and customer focus.
ExperienceHead Cycle Mechanic | The Cycle Shop, March 2009 - present
- Head mechanic delegating work to the team, as well as repairing complex faults.
- Building and test riding new bikes ready for customer collection.
- Liaising with customers on repairs.
- Repairing and servicing all kinds of bikes.
- Building bespoke racing bikes to customers' specification.