Child Protection Social Worker CV Sample
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and qualified graduate social worker with a thorough knowledge of child protection legislation and local authority safeguarding procedures. As well as having attended and reported to many safeguarding panels during the course of my duties, I am highly experienced with dealing with other agencies, such as the police, school boards and foster care panels. I have given evidence in court and I am used to providing information, where appropriate, to family law judges. I have a proven track record in child protection cases and can draw on my experience of working for both local authorities and the charity sector.
Core QualificationsChild Protection Supervision Skills | NSPCC course.Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) approved.
- Recently completed checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Designated Safeguarding Officer trained.
- British Association of Social Workers registered
- Clean UK driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) in Social Work from the Open UniversityA levels: English (B), Sociology (D)AS level: Psychology (C)8 GCSEs at good grades.
- Ability to take a child-centred approach to any investigations and safeguarding procedures.
- Willing to learn new ways of identifying problems and to liaise with other social workers to achieve the best results.
- Excellent at working with external agencies, such as charities and the police service, to gather the most rounded picture possible.
Work ExperienceSocial Worker | Essex County Council - 2007 to present
- Responsible for case working child protection all over West Essex.
- Gained experience supervising junior social workers and mentoring them in child protection.
- Provided reports to the Director of Child Care Social Services covering major case reviews.
- Responsible for dealing with all safeguarding issues and providing safe environments to vulnerable young adults and teenagers.
- Developed new procedures for handling clients with additional needs, for example learning difficulties.
- Provided expenditure forecasts to the charity's bursar.