CV Example for a Summer Job
Professional SummaryI am an undergraduate, mature student with plenty of work experience to draw upon. I am currently seeking a job opportunity in a company that can make use of my skills during the summer season, before I return to my studies in the new term, in September. Prior to taking up my degree course, I had a successful career in banking and finance. Before that, I was a sales assistant in a retail environment. As such, I have plenty of experience in dealing with the public and handling customer inquiries of all kinds. A hard-working and reliable individual, I am available for work in the immediate future and can turn my hand to almost all summer season jobs.
Core QualificationsDegree in Management Finance from the University of Sussex in progress - currently in my second year.Service Management Trained from the Institute of Customer ServiceFull UK driving license.
ExperienceBanking Executive, Brighton, March 2010 to September 2014
• Responsible for handling a wide range of transactions and for implementing business, marketing and sales plans effectively.
• Oversaw the protection of the bank's corporate policies and financial compliance.
• Attended many meetings and conferences with other financial institutions. Retail Sales Team Leader, Hastings, 2008 to 2010
• Led a team of retail assistants specialising in product ranges for men.
• Developed new marketing strategies with the marketing manager and reported back to head office.
• Helped to reorganise a completely new store layout, which led to an upturn in sales.