Commercial Manager CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
An experienced commercial manager, I have built up a number of key skills in developing businesses over the course of several years. I take a professional approach to the financial management of projects, often being able to recognise new commercial opportunities that come up. I am skilled with putting together bids and tenders to win new business from existing clients and am happy making first contact with potential customers to build new business. I have a track record of working strategically to expand and improve procedures and practices. I am now seeking a new challenge that will allow my skill set to grow even further.
Core QualificationsBSc (Hons) in Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying from University of Example, 2001-2004
- Risk and Value Management trained (CPD)
- Strategic Management trained (CPD)
- Full, clean driving license
Academic QualificationsA Levels: Technology (B), English (C) and Maths (D)8 good passes at GCSE
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to renegotiate contractual obligations whilst projects are ongoing.
- Excellent numeracy skills which allow me to produce cost savings time and again.
- Superb IT skills and a full working knowledge of all the relevant software used in construction today.
Work ExperienceConstruction Commercial Manager | Wolverhampton, January 2012 - Present
- Responsible for developing bids with the sales director and for pricing work strategically based on available resources.
- Resolved many contractual and commercial disputes that cropped up to each party's satisfaction without recourse to legal action.
- Oversaw all the reporting functionality for the company's financial KPIs.
- Made sure that the financial aspects of all contracts that were entered into were made clear to all parties prior to signing.
- Offered written risk assessments in line with the company's policies.
- Won new business from tenders that accounted for contracts valued in total at over £6 million over two years.