Sales Assistant CV Examples
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Sales assistant CV example
This sales assistant CV example helped this candidate land the job they wanted. Let’s review why it worked and how it can work for you:
- Personal statement: This short, sharp paragraph paints a picture of a capable multi-tasker by highlighting key details like opening and closing procedures, cash handling and customer service.
- Employment history: See how the candidate includes some information about responsibilities, but also refers to achievements where applicable, like the value of the payments she processed.
- Education: The candidate listed her bachelor’s degree, showing her potential for a future management position.
- Language: The language used in the CV is highly relevant to the retail sector, with references to products, customers, and sales.
- Keywords: The candidate has included a good range of keywords that are likely to be scanned for by ATS, such as revenue, time management, POS, and retail merchandising.
3 frequently asked questions about sales assistant CVs
What skills do you need to be a sales assistant?
To be a sales assistant you need a mix of soft and hard skills:
- Highlight hard skills such as knowledge of POS systems and in-store security measures.
- Mention soft skills such as good communication, empathy, and excellent time management.
- Give specific examples of how you’ve made use of skills like processing card and cash payments.
- Mention any career development or training undertaken to boost your sales assistant skillset.
How do you highlight sales achievements on a CV?
You highlight sales achievements on a CV by mentioning them as part of your employment history:
- Include specific details like the products involved to emphasise the range of experience you’ve had.
- Illustrate each sales achievement using facts and figures, such as percentage monthly increase or rise in takings.
- Don’t be afraid to use words like ‘excellent’ and ‘outstanding' – this CV is your chance to sell yourself.
- Underline your skillset by explaining exactly what you did to achieve the sales figures mentioned.
What should I put on my CV for a sales assistant?
You should put your experience, commitment, and enthusiasm on your CV for a sales assistant role:
- Include the shops you’ve worked in and the responsibilities you had in each store.
- Outline any relevant qualifications or educational achievements, such as a degree in Business Administration.
- Mention any additional training you’ve undertaken while you were working, such as new payment processing methods.
Key skills for your sales assistant CV
The skills included on your sales assistant CV will help it pass any ATS and convince a recruiter that you have the ability to fill the role in question.
Must-have skills for a sales assistant role
- Processing payments
- Oral communication
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Processing payments
- Specific product expertise
- Money handling
- Retail security
- Inventory management
Extra skills to help your sales assistant CV cut through
- Written communication
- Excellent time management
- Self motivation
- Enthusiasm for selling
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Hard working
Build your perfect sales assistant CV
Your sales assistant CV needs to capture your experience in the field, your enthusiasm for working with the public, and the practical manner in which you’ve applied both of these.
Our CV examples and templates show you how to focus your efforts, creating a CV that will impress any employer. Visit our CV builder now and find out how quick and easy it is to write a CV that lifts your career to the next level.