Professional CV Example
What are some of the characteristics that serve to define a professional CV example?Is it a listing all of the most important skills, speaking directly to the reader or illustrating your eagerness to succeed?In fact, all of these attributes should be utilised.This can be a bit daunting if you are entering into the job-seeking market for the first time.So, we will take a look at one example of how a professional CV should be presented.You can thereafter adapt this text to suit your own purposes.
Your Address/Your Phone Number/Your Emai
Professional SummaryI am pleased to offer my bespoke financial skills to your respectable firm.While I am relatively new to the industry, I firmly believe that talent has just as much to do with hard work as it is associated with decades of experience.Therefore, I am eager to face new challenges, while I also appreciate that growth within this sector is tantamount to my ultimate success.Although I have always been known as a team player, I am equally capable of taking on tasks within an individual setting.I boast a hands-on knowledge of discrete fields including (but not limited to) currency trading, commodities, CFDs, real estate, small-cap investing and binary options.
Core QualificationsBesides my hands-on experience, I possess several other vital qualifications.These include:
- Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF): Level 3.
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).
- City and Guilds: Business Finance (8990) Level 3.
- City and Guilds: IVQ in Finance and Accounting (8892) Level 2.
Experience2014-2016: Personal Financial Advisor.Core duties involve:
- Developing relationships with a large number of customers.
- Portfolio management for both private and institutional clients.
- A mastery of online trading platforms such as Meta Trader 4 and WebTrader.
- Developing client-focused investment strategies.
- Managing short and long-term trades.
- Engaging new customers and retaining existing clients.
- Presenting products and services to new customers.
- Addressing client-centred questions and concerns.
- Attending face-to-face meetings with corporate investors.
- Meeting quarterly profit targets.