Archivist CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
I am a suitably qualified archivist with plenty of professional experience and a thorough working knowledge of archiving procedures in both the public and private sectors. I am familiar with all aspects of record keeping have a proven track record of providing efficient access to the correct information when it is needed to support decision making. I provide records on a timely basis for operational purposes, as evidence for policy reviews and for litigation support, where appropriate. I am well versed in the procedures required for the retention of both paper and electronic records and I have frequently designed new business classification schemes, helping to improve corporate archival systems in several businesses.
Core QualificationsInformation and Records Management Postgraduate Diploma/MSc | Example University | 2002 to 2003
- Phase Three ARA Overall Competency Framework
- ARA Function and Competency Requirements Organisational Area
- First aid trained
- Full driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) in English Literature 2:2 from London Metropolitan University | From 1999 to 2002A levels: English (B) French (C) History (D)8 GCSEs at grades A to C
- Analytical thinking - I can understand business process rapidly and adjust archiving systems to meet them.
- Flexible worker - I can turn my hand to many different aspects of record keeping and document storage.
- Technology embracing - I am comfortable with IT systems and packages and fluent with the common office applications.
Work ExperienceSenior Archivist | Cardiff - June 2010to present
- Responsible for meeting all the legal obligations for the creation and retention of paper records.
- Developed a conversion process to shift paper record keeping to digital formats.
- Improved operational efficiency by controlling the number of records created and stored.
- Responsible for generating reports to the senior archivist.
- Planned for and designed a new business classification scheme to improve efficiency.
- Interacted regularly with senior board members and company directors.