French Teacher CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and highly effective French language teacher with over a decade of classroom experience behind me. I have the necessary teaching qualifications to allow me to teach in England and Wales. Since I began my teaching career I have gained further professional development and have run a department for a time, too. I am a passionate educator with an ability to teach beginner level German as well as French, a language that I can teach up to A-level standard. As well as my teaching experience, I have a proven track record of offering student pastoral care and I have operated as a form tutor, in this capacity, for many years. I am highly organised and my lesson planning and paperwork records have been praised by managers and independent school inspectors.
Core QualificationsPGCE (Secondary) in French | University of Example 2001-2002
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Advanced Skills Teacher (AST)
- French Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (CLTA)
- Member of the National Association for Pastoral Care in Education
Academic QualificationsDegree in French from University of Example 1997-2000A levels: French (A) English (B) and Sociology (D)10 GCSEs including French (A), German (B) and Italian (B).
- Creating a conducive learning atmosphere in a classroom where all students can excel.
- Providing a multi-media experience for language skills acquisition, which includes use of video, recorded role play and computers.
- A highly developed sense of pastoral care which allows students to open up about their fears and sensitivities at school.
Work ExperienceFrench Teacher| Example School, Nottingham. From September 2012 to present.
- Introduced best working practices surrounding the school's pastoral care function.
- Assisted the head of department with multiple reports and presentations.
- Gained superb results with my AS French classes and a rapid improvement of GCSE grades.
- Ran a department catering for over eighty students taking modern language A level courses in Spanish, French, Italian and German.
- Gained an outstanding Ofsted rating in 2010.