French Teacher CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and highly effective French language teacher with over a decade of classroom experience behind me. I have the necessary teaching qualifications to allow me to teach in England and Wales. Since I began my teaching career I have gained further professional development and have run a department for a time, too. I am a passionate educator with an ability to teach beginner level German as well as French, a language that I can teach up to A-level standard. As well as my teaching experience, I have a proven track record of offering student pastoral care and I have operated as a form tutor, in this capacity, for many years. I am highly organised and my lesson planning and paperwork records have been praised by managers and independent school inspectors.
Core QualificationsPGCE (Secondary) in French | University of Example 2001-2002
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Advanced Skills Teacher (AST)
- French Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (CLTA)
- Member of the National Association for Pastoral Care in Education
Academic QualificationsDegree in French from University of Example 1997-2000A levels: French (A) English (B) and Sociology (D)10 GCSEs including French (A), German (B) and Italian (B).
- Creating a conducive learning atmosphere in a classroom where all students can excel.
- Providing a multi-media experience for language skills acquisition, which includes use of video, recorded role play and computers.
- A highly developed sense of pastoral care which allows students to open up about their fears and sensitivities at school.
Work ExperienceFrench Teacher| Example School, Nottingham. From September 2012 to present.
- Introduced best working practices surrounding the school's pastoral care function.
- Assisted the head of department with multiple reports and presentations.
- Gained superb results with my AS French classes and a rapid improvement of GCSE grades.
- Ran a department catering for over eighty students taking modern language A level courses in Spanish, French, Italian and German.
- Gained an outstanding Ofsted rating in 2010.