If you are looking to be hired as a graduate teaching assistant, you will need a professionally written CV that shows employers that you can be a valuable addition to their school. You can now make a flawless first impression on prospective employers and school managers with our free graduate teaching assistant CV sample, where you will find expert guidance and useful tips on formatting and writing a winning CV that gets you an interview.
Graduate Teaching Assistant CV Sample
/Julie Thomas/15 Anyroad, Anytown/01222 email@example.com
A qualified and enthusiastic graduate teaching assistant with sound knowledge of the National Curriculum and a genuine interest in the personal and social development of students. Passionate about the application of new technologies to education and committed to providing a supportive classroom environment for pupils of diverse backgrounds and learning styles. Detailed knowledge of the latest educational technologies (Sparx, SAM Learning, WeDo 2.0) and of key teaching methodologies. A dynamic and flexible team player with ample experience providing teaching and administrative support to other teachers and to the management team. Now seeking to progress to a graduate teaching role and to acquire new responsibilities as a higher level teaching assistant.
Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning, Middlesex University London, 2010 – 2012
- Learning Technologies for the Classroom training course, British Council
- Teaching With Technology training course (online)
- Enhanced DBS check
- Clean driving license
- First Aid in Schools training course
Middlesex University London, 2010 – 2012 | Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning A levels: Maths (B) English (B) Technology (A) Science (B)
- Able to effectively handle and prioritise heavy workloads.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Proven ability to engage with and inspire young students.
- A friendly but authoritative approach to classroom management.
Teaching Assistant, Key Stage 3| Any School, Any Town, October2012 – Present
- Provided comprehensive teaching and admin support (Design and Technology / IT).
- Delivered one-to-one assistance to students during practical sessions and workshops.
- Supervised classrooms during examinations.
- Created lesson plans working in close collaboration with specialist teachers.
- Attended monthly training sessions and conferences.
Teaching assistant, Key Stage 2 | Any School, Any Town, September 2009 | June 2012
- Prepared classroom materials as directed by teachers (Science and Information Technology).
- Provided supervision during outdoor classroom activities and outings.
- Assisted teachers with classroom record keeping and other administrative duties.
References are available on request. This graduate teaching assistant CV sample is just a stepping stone towards succeeding in your job search. Check out the dozens of samples available on our website for other useful ideas on how to market your skills as a teaching assistant.