PE Teacher CV Sample
Professional SummaryI am an newly qualified PE teacher with plenty of classroom experience as a teaching assistant behind me. Following my studies, I have gained the necessary teaching qualifications to allow me to teach the private and public education sectors. I am an enthusiastic educator who understand the needs for students to gain physical skills and confidence for their all-round education to succeed. As well as the teaching experience gained during my studies, I have several years worth of office work behind me. This experience has helped me to remain organised with paperwork and reports, as well as affording me the ability to communicate well with all levels of management.
Core QualificationsProfessional Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) in PE | University of Warwick 2015-16
- Newly Qualified Teacher status.
- ITET (Initial Teacher Education or Training).
- Level Two Certificate in coaching football.
Academic QualificationsA levels: English (C) and Sociology (D)AS levels: Maths (B) and Business Studies (B)9 GCSEs at A to C grade.
- Ability to coach under-16s in football including a specialism in goalkeeping.
- A track record of getting teams to work together to achieve improved results.
- Liaison skills with other schools to help arrange football tournaments and swimming galas.
Work ExperiencePE Teacher (Secondment)| Example School, Coventry. From September 2015.
- Gained classroom experience and developed on-the-job knowledge.
- Taught in a mixed school environment, learning to cope with the needs of both male and female students.
- Gained the praise of the the headteacher and other senior teaching staff.
- Taught PE classes to a range of age groups.
- Assisted with end of year reporting.
- Prepared lesson classes for football skills sessions.
- Developed communication skills, dealing with enquiries by phone, by email and in person.
- Acquired an aptitude for negotiation, handling many supplier queries and selecting contractors based on their tenders.
- Gained organisational skills as many of the work processes involved required me to work to tight deadlines.