- As seen in:
Project engineers are responsible for overseeing a range of technical projects. Whether they’re involved in the planning phase or helping set benchmarks, these professionals play a vital role in making sure the projects they work on are a success. But how can you make sure your project engineer CV is a success too?
Thankfully, myPerfectCV is here to help. Explore our top tips from UK recruiters, view our professional project engineer CV sample, and create your own application using our proven CV builder tool. It’s quick and easy to get started today!
Download Project engineer CV examples
Project engineer CV tips
Engineer your application by following our top tips for writing your project engineer CV today.
Follow a project engineer CV format
If you want your CV to stand out for the right reasons, always use a professional template. Whether you need to create a project engineer CV PDF, TXT file, or Word document, this will make it much easier to create a recruiter-ready application.
Use keywords from the project engineer job description
Project engineers can work in a variety of different industries, so to make sure your CV is tailored to the job, always include keywords and phrases from the project engineer role description. This will make your application much more likely to pass an ATS (applicant tracking system).
Quantify your impact
As a project engineer, you know how to monitor the success of your projects – and your CV should be no different. By including facts and figures from your previous positions, you can help your recruiter to quantify your impact and imagine what you could bring to a future role.
Highlight your technical knowledge
Project engineers typically work across a range of technical projects where specific engineering knowledge is needed. Show your recruiter you have the right skills by demonstrating your technical expertise on your CV.
Share some personality
It’s not just technical knowledge a project engineer needs. They also need to have strong interpersonal skills to work as part of a busy team. To give your recruiter a sense of your personality, include some positive adjectives to describe your work ethic and character in the personal statement section of your CV.
Project engineer skills to include in your CV
Project engineers need a unique combination of technical, interpersonal, and practical skills. Tick every box by ensuring your CV shows off your capabilities.
Critical skills for your project engineer CV
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Time management
- Project management
- Decision making
- Computer skills
- Sales & marketing knowledge
- Risk assessment
- Quality assurance
Write a persuasive personal statement for your project engineer CV
Your personal statement (sometimes known as a personal summary or CV objective) is the first section on your project engineer CV. Typically 2-3 sentences long, this paragraph needs to outline your current role, professional background, and key attributes.
Your recruiter will probably read your personal statement before deciding whether or not to read on. This means you need to position yourself as a strong candidate for the role, so include your most competitive skills and experience here.
Top FAQs about your project engineer CV
What is a project engineer?
A project engineer is a professional who works as part of a project management team. They typically work on projects that require a high level of technical knowledge – for example, manufacturing products or implementing a new IT strategy. Most project engineers will be involved in every stage of the process, from planning to completion. They will provide technical support and use their engineering expertise to advise project managers how to proceed.
What are the project engineer duties and responsibilities?
The key project engineer duties and responsibilities can depend on the project, but will generally include tasks such as monitoring the safety of any on-site work, reviewing project proposals, establishing specifications for the project, scheduling engineering work, answering technical questions from management, deciding on benchmarks to monitor the success of the finished project, and managing the engineers that are working on the project.
What should be in a project engineer CV?
When writing your project engineer CV, make sure to include all of the following sections on your application:
- A personal statement that outlines your current employment, key professional skills, and short-term career objectives.
- A work experience section that lists your previous positions in reverse-chronological order. Include 3-6 bullet points per position to share your main project engineer roles and responsibilities, as well as your more impressive achievements.
- A skills section that bullet points your top eight hard and soft skills.
- An education section that share your academic and professional qualifications.
What skills should a project engineer have?
A project engineer needs to have impressive technical skills such as using equipment and troubleshooting technical problems. Strong interpersonal skills are also important, as they’ll be working closely with a team of engineers and other project management professionals. Finally, administrative skills such as time management, budgeting, and record-keeping are a must to ensure projects stay on track.
What is the average project engineer salary in the UK?
According to Payscale, a project engineer with less than one year’s experience could expect to earn £26,492 a year. More experienced professionals might earn around £33,605 a year, while senior project engineers could earn £50,000 a year or above.
Related CVs Engineering CV Examples
- Aircraft maintenance engineer CV examples
- Automation Test Engineer CV Example
- Automotive Engineer CV Example
- Biomedical engineer CV examples
- Construct the perfect application with our civil engineer CV example
- Construct your perfect CV with our engineer CV example
- Design Engineer CV Example And Tips
- Draughtsman CV Example
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer CV Example
- Engineering Manager CV Example
- Engineering project manager CV examples
- Fire Protection Engineer CV Example
- Gas Engineer CV Example
- Hydraulic Engineer CV Example
- Instrumentation Control Engineer CV Example
- IT engineer CV templates
- Lift Engineer CV Example
- Maintenance engineer CV examples
- Marine Engineer CV Example
- Mechanical design engineer CV examples
- NOC Engineer CV Example
- Quantity Surveyor CV Example
- Site Engineer CV Examples And Tips
- Software engineer CV examples
- Strengthen your mechanical engineer CV with our CV example
- Telecommunication Engineer CV Example
- Top Construction Engineer CV Examples And Tips
Complete your project engineer CV with myPerfectCV today
Writing your CV shouldn’t be a painful project. At myPerfectCV, we’ve made the process quick and easy! Follow our top tips, choose your professional CV template, then create your application using our online CV builder. We’ll help you take the next step in your project engineer career today.