Mechanical engineer CV example
A successful mechanical engineer CV is detailed, relevant, and easy to read. It highlights key skills and experiences like project coordination and manufacturing knowledge that demonstrate you are the right fit for the role. In addition, it outlines relevant education and qualifications that will impress employers and prove your capabilities.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Mechanical engineer CV examples
If you want to see what a perfect mechanical engineer CV looks like, this CV is a great example. It shows the correct structure, design, and information you need to include for success:
- Contact information: The candidate has included their contact information at the top of the CV, ensuring that it’s instantly locatable.
- Personal statement: In the mechanical engineer CV example the candidate has focussed their personal statement on their wealth of experience and personal qualities such as dedication and a drive to deliver excellence.
- Bullet points: Utilising bullet points has proven to make the information as easy to read as possible, whether it’s their responsibilities at Spray Services or key points in the skills section.
- Work backwards: Starting with their most recent experience, which us usually most important, at Pump Products has allowed the employer to get a good sense of the candidate’s capabilities instantly.
- Avoid repetition: The candidate has not repeated themselves when detailing their specific responsibilities for each role, even though there will be some overlap.
Frequently asked questions about mechanical engineer CVs
What are the missions mechanical engineering?
The aim of any engineer should be to make the world a better place. Many mechanical engineers have the goal to innovate, create, and build things that can improve the world around them. It’s this mission of finding solutions to current problems that gives an engineer their passion for their role, and often impresses employers.
What jobs can a mechanical engineer do?
Mechanical engineering skills can help you get a number of different jobs. By boasting mathematical abilities and high computer literacy, many can even find themselves suited to financial roles. But for those who enjoy engineering here are just a few of the specific jobs you could carry out:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- CAD technician
- Nuclear engineer
Essential skills for your mechanical engineer CV
As a mechanical engineer the work you will undertake will be vital to any project, so your new employer will need to know that you can handle pressure and have the correct skillset:
Key skills for mechanical engineer positions
- Mechanical drafting
- Effective technical skills
- Use of computer-aided design/modelling software
- Communication skills
- Team leadership
Additional skills to help your mechanical engineer CV stand out
- CEng qualified
- Multidisciplinary exposure
- Performance optimisation
- Attention to detail