There are plenty of job opportunities in the UK and a well-written, eye-catching CV that will gain the attention of the hiring managers is the first step towards winning an interview. Consulting our free British CV example below will give you valuable insights into how to format your own resume, outlining your most valuable skills and qualifications and tailoring it to the position for which you are applying. Keep your CV short and to the point: one page is ideal. British hiring managers are very likely to cross-check your profile with social media pages, so ensure that your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles are professional looking.
/ 32, Thorneyhedge Lane, Hammersmith, London W6 7RT / Telephone: 02345 678912 Mobile 07765478900 / email:firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a dedicated, caring and motivated registered nurse with two year’s post-registration experience. I trained as a nurse in New Zealand and since moving to the UK have completed my registration as an RN. I adhere strictly the professional code of conduct for nurses and the well-being and comfort of my patients is always my priority. I carry out my duties to a high standard while maintaining a good rapport with my patients. I am now seeking a role as a staff nurse in large teaching hospital in order to build on my experience and develop my skills further.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Committed to the core values of patient care and welfare
- Administers medication assuming full respo
- Develops and implements nursing care plans
- Works to prevent the transmission of infectious bacteria by rigorously observing infection control policies and procedures.
2014 – present
Staff Nurse Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Bournemouth, BH20 7GF
- Delivering the highest standard of care, treatments and medication
- Supervision of junior staff
- Communicating with patients and medical staff
- Recording and maintaining medical records accurately and updating senior staff of patient welfare and progress
Student nurse placement, Auckland General Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
- Shadowing qualified nurses and assisting in care of patients
- Everyday care of patients, including administering medication under supervision
- Documentation of pa
2011 – 2014
BN (Bachelor of Nursing), Massey University, New Zealand
2006 – 2011
St Michael’s College, Auckland, New Zealand
NCEA Level 3
This British CV Sample is just one of hundreds of examples available on the website that provide valuable insights into the process of writing your own concise and effective CV; for further guidance, please consult the website’s free tools and CV builder.