CV Sample for a Part-Time Job
Professional SummaryI am a motivated and highly skilled educator with plenty of experience in the classroom as a teaching assistant and as an adult educational advisor. I have worked in a wide variety of educational settings, including further education institutes, private schools and kindergarten. My specialism is with literacy, but I am also an experienced teacher of British Sign Language (BSL). Following the birth of my first child, I am seeking a staged return to the world of work, initially with a part-time position to allow for my childcare responsibilities. I am happy to consider job share roles as well as morning-only positions. I am available to work between 14 and 21 hours per week on average.
Core QualificationsLevel 2 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools BSL accredited at Level 5
ExperienceBSL InstructorAny College2012 to 2014
- Taught British Sign Language to small groups of adults during evening classes four nights a week.
- Increased the pass rate from my predecessor in the role by 30%.
- Undertook new 'taster' sessions within commercial organisations that were seeking to improve their training in hearing loss and communications.
- Handled all literacy classes for children aged six and seven who required additional educational support.
- Helped the head teacher to plan learning activities and to update school records.
- Gained experience with maintaining classroom discipline and preparing educational tools for a smooth transition between lessons.