Successful retail sales assistant CV examples
The perfect CV for a retail sales assistant showcases your experience in a variety of retail environments. It looks smart and professional, just as you do at work. It highlights your customer facing skills, as well as key hard skills like processing product returns and keeping financial records.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Retail sales assistant CV example
Our perfect retail sales assistant CV example shows you exactly how to convince recruiters that you’re ready for the next step in your career.
- Starting with a strong opening: The personal statement highlights key competencies like being customer-oriented, working under pressure, and exceeding targets.
- Including keywords: The candidate has included keywords like ‘customer’, ‘payments’, and ‘communication’, correctly assuming’ that recruiters and ATS software will be looking for them.
- Focus on your most recent work history: The bullet points for the position of Retail Sales Assistant are more detailed, reflecting the fact that this is the most senior role held so far.
- Use industry terms: The use of industry terms such as ‘B2B’ and ‘product and service knowledge’ highlights a deeper understanding of the retail sector.
- Experience: Rather than relying on qualifications or education, the candidate has outlined skills like employee evaluation, dealing with customer enquiries, and expanding the customer base, by putting them in the context of real-world experience.
Frequently asked questions about retail sales assistant CVs
What's a retail assistant?
A retail assistant is responsible for serving the public in a retail establishment like a shop. They must ensure consistently high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering great sales and customer service. This includes:
- Answering customers’ questions.
- Checking stock levels.
- Promoting special offers and deals.
- Processing payments from a variety of options.
What qualities make a good retail assistant?
The most important quality for a retail sales assistant is being comfortable dealing with the public. Other helpful qualities include:
- Staying calm when dealing with difficult customers.
- Enjoying personal interaction.
- An interest in retail industry developments.
- The ability to motivate people working around you.
Vital skills for your retail sales assistant CV
The skills highlighted on your retail sales assistant CV demonstrate your experience in a range of retail settings, and your understanding of key issues like product returns.
Essential skills for a retail sales assistant
- Processing payments
- Process implementation
- Problem solving
- Continuous improvements
- Staff development
- Monitoring stock levels
- Designing shop displays
- Mediating between customers and management
Related skills to help your retail sales assistant CV stand out
- Team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Neat personal experience
- Good manners
- Patience under pressure
- Numerical skills
- Basic admin skills