Fire Protection Engineer CV Sample
A diligent and suitably qualified fire protection engineer, I have several years worth of experience inspecting buildings and ensuring they comply with the latest health and safety regulations. I am well versed in all aspects of fire protection, including emergency signage, escape procedures and fire extinguisher testing. I have several field based roles in fire protection and I am looking to further my career with a more senior position. I have undertaken many new responsibilities in my current job and would like to transfer these skills to a new or growing company. I have excellent customer service skills and I am happy communicating within all levels of an organisation.
Core QualificationsMSc in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Anywhere (2005-2008)
- Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Level 3 Diploma Fire Investigation
- Level 2 Diploma in Fire Safety
- First Aid and CPR qualified
Academic QualificationsFoundation Course in Engineering- Any FE College (2004-2005)A levels: Maths (B) and Technology (B)AS levels: Physics (C) and Chemistry (D)
- Can understand taking a risk based approach to fire engineering matters in accordance with EU directives and legislation.
- Willing to learn new approaches to help provide engineering solutions for new build plans at the design stage.
- Excellent skills working with equipment designed for fire detection, fire suppression and fire control.
Work ExperienceFire Protection Engineer | Newcastle Upon Tyne, June 2010 - Present
- Responsible for installing and maintaining fire detection and suppression devices and fixtures.
- Making sure all clients comply with their obligations under health and safety law.
- Providing written and computerised reports for senior managers and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring all works undertaken had been compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Planned inspections and liaised with customers to arrange convenient appointment times.
- Advised on the appropriate level of actions needed to generate the best balance between preventive and protective measures.