Your first step towards success and a new IT support technician job offer is to create a well-written CV that is designed to show your education, skills and any experience. Additionally, any accomplishments and other skills and interests should be highlighted if relevant. Before writing your CV for a job in the exciting world of information technology, gain an advantage with helpful insight by looking at this IT support technician CV sample so you have a good idea of the information to include and the best formatting to use. The IT support technician CV sample featured here is an example of how to capture the employer’s attention and get an interview.
IT support technician CV Sample
/Philip Hetherington/10, The Spinney, Ludlow, Shropshire/01206 email@example.com
A young I.T. professional with technical experience in two posts including I.T. stores and technical assistant roles, responsible for assisting qualified technicians while studying towards technical certification. A conscientious team member with a wide understanding of hardware and software installation, as well as component replacement and functional testing. Motivated team worker | organised and responsible, able to work on own initiative when necessary. Full clean motorcycle licence.
ICT Systems Support | PC Maintenance Level 1, Herefordshire and Ludlow College (July 2015)
January 2015 to date | I.T. Technical Assistant, South Shropshire District Council, Ludlow.
- Assisting experienced technicians and engineers with day to day tasks including backups, anti-virus and network upgrades.
- Participating in the planning of departmental software and hardware rollouts.
- Diagnosing straightforward faults and occasional complex investigation with assistance from experienced team members.
- Assisting users with technical queries, new equipment and software etc.
October 2013 | January 2015 | IT Stores Assistant, Border Computer Supplies, Old Street, Ludlow, Shropshire.
- Processing computer goods inwards and outwards.
- Testing returned equipment and confirming serviceability.
- Assisting staff and field engineers, in addition to serving personal callers in the shop. Cash handling and answering the telephone to customers and suppliers.
- Periodic routine stocktaking from large components and assemblies to consumables and cross-checking against computer records.
Ludlow Church of England School (2008 | 2013) | GCSE passes in Maths (B) ICT (A), Technology (A), Combined Science (B) and English language (C).
Conclusion Call to Action
This IT support technician CV sample is one of several which offer applicants insight and support with composing a quality CV for a new information technology job. We also recommend reviewing the tools and CV builder on this site for more helpful guidance.