Payroll Officer CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn experienced and qualified payroll clerk, I am able to work to tight monthly deadlines to produce error-free payroll functions for organisations both big and small. I have experience working in large companies, reporting to the Finance Director as well as providing outsourced payroll functions for smaller enterprises. I am well-versed in processing holiday, sick and maternity pay as well as working out expenses claims accurately. I have also gained plenty of experience dealing with P45s, and other tax forms, when they need to be issued. Having recently relocated, I am looking for payroll officer work in an organisation that has growing needs and which can provide me with a fresh challenge.
Core QualificationsLevel 1 Certificate in Payroll from the International Association of Book-Keepers (IAB)
- IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- CIPP National Payroll Certificated
- Driving licence
Academic QualificationsAS levels: Maths (B) and French (C)6 good GCSEs including Maths, English and French
- Can calculate and issue pay by cash, cheque or electronic transfer (BACS)
- Familiar with how to deduct tax and national insurance payments to comply with the latest employment law.
- Excellent at confirming hours worked, in particular when dealing with overtime payments, to ensure pay is made accurately.
Work ExperiencePayroll Officer | Godalming, June 2007 - Present
- Responsible for running payroll procedures for over 800 staff on a monthly basis.
- Ensured that all new employees were registered on the payroll system on a timely basis.
- Provided advice to staff by answering their queries about time sheets and pay slips, as necessary.
- Responsible for dealing with clients' payrolls on both monthly and weekly pay schedules.
- Dealt with client enquiries on maternity pay and company pension scheme deductions.
- Generated key commercial reports to the customer services manager to assist with winning new business.