Head Chef CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryThis prospective employee has been involved in the cooking and food preparation industry for well over a decade.I possess all of the most recognisable qualifications and accreditations while my hands-on experience enables me to work within a decidedly busy atmosphere.As I believe that customer relations are also quite important, I am skilled with client engagement and other forms of communicating with patrons.It is my hope to encounter an employer who embodies the necessary professionalism that this position requires while still allowing me to further perfect my skills as a chef.I am also interested to become part of a fluid and friendly work environment, as these aspects are as equally important as static cooking skills.
- City & Guilds Sustainability in Professional Kitchens Level 3 (7019).
- City & Guilds Nutrition Level 2 (7165).
- City and Guilds Professional Cookery Level 3 (7100).
- Certification in Food Hygiene and Safety (City & Guilds Recognised).
- A working knowledge of all required kitchen machinery.
- An ability to supervise large food preparation teams.
Experience2012-Present: Assistant Chef, London-based restaurant.Primary duties currently include:
- Responsibility for a team of 12 employees during my shift.
- Most aspects of food preparation and cooking.
- Cleaning and sanitation.
- Monitoring the temperature and condition of all perishables.
- Rotating stock when necessary.
- Employee training and certification.
- An understanding of basic food handling and preparation.
- Client engagement and customer service.
- Opening and closing the establishment.
- University of West London 2000-2004: Food and Professional Cookery BA (Hons.)