Top-Notch Builder CV Examples
An effective builder CV helps you stand out and get hired in a competitive industry. It showcases relevant experience gained throughout your construction career, and presents you as a reliable trades person. It refers to key skills like project management, and qualifications such as an NVQ, all in an easy-to-read format.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Review our builder CV example
Our builder CV example is simple yet clear, providing a good overview of the candidate’s experience and knowledge of the sector.
- Professional Summary: The candidate has started their CV with a short professional summary that explains why they’re right for the role. It also touches on the key fact that they’re familiar with both modern and traditional building techniques.
- Education: Showing they have a strong foundation as a builder, this candidate has included their relevant qualification: an NVQ in Construction. It’s complemented by GCSEs for a bit more detail.
- Skillset: Phrases such as “problem-solving” and “attention to detail” shows the candidate’s a critical thinker, one of the key skills needed for successful builders.
- Use of bullet points: Separating job duties into bullet points makes it easier for recruiters and managers to quickly skim-read them and get a sense of relevant experience.
How to write a brilliant builder CV
At myPerfectCV, we have years of expertise in building eye-catching, effective CVs that help builders get hired. Here are our 6 top tips to help you take your next step in construction:
- Specific skills: Construction is a broad industry, so be specific about your exact skillset. If you’ve had experience in sectors such as roofing, plastering, or bricklaying, mention them! Give examples of successful or impressive projects.
- Active tone: Construction is all about getting things done. Use action words like ‘framing’, ‘pouring’, ‘building’, ‘performing’, and ‘fitting’ to demonstrate your dynamic approach.
- Personalise your CV: Always ensure your CV is personalised to highlight your most relevant experience and skills. Highlight exactly what makes you the perfect candidate for the job you’re applying for, whether that’s years of experience, specialist techniques, or the ability to work on large projects.
- Health and safety: Knowledge of health and safety laws is essential in the building trade. Make sure the employer knows you have a good understanding of the latest rules and regulations.
- Teamwork: Give examples of situations where you’ve successfully worked as part of a team to complete a task. This also includes mentoring any younger team members you may have worked with.
- Finance: As a builder, you may be asked to manage the budgets that the team needs to work within, especially in residential jobs. Don’t forget to mention any experience of working to a budget, and any financial management you’ve been responsible for.
Important skills for your builder CV
Required skills for a builder job
- Planning and design
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Health and safety knowledge
Additional skills to help your builder CV stand out
- First aid
- Budgeting and finance
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Physically fit
- Problem solver
Build your perfect builder CV
Don’t let your builder CV crumble into dust. Use our professional CV templates to set a foundation for a successful job application.
Using our CV builder, you’ll personalise your CV to successfully showcase your experience, skills, and work history. You’ll be starting a new job in no time!