- Our customers have been hired by: *
The perfect project manager CV lets a recruiter see the wide range of projects you’ve managed throughout your career. From construction and staffing to logistics and town planning, it shows you’ve used skills like budgeting, procurement, and risk management to deliver consistent results.
SEARCH ALL CV EXAMPLES
Download Promote success with our project manager CV example
Get noticed with these recruiter tips for project manager CVs
We’ve been helping candidates to write project manager CVs for over a decade. Take a look at what recruiters are looking for in a project manager CV:
A succinct personal statementDo you have PRINCE2 accreditation? Make sure you include it, plus any other project management training, and your ambitions for the future. Pack it with detail and get noticed!
Relevant work experience:Don’t make recruiters hunt for important work details, make it crystal clear how effective you are as a project manager. Use concise bullet points to showcase the diversity of your project management experience.
An organised and clear templateAs a project manager, keeping things in good order is your prerogative - a clean structure and clearly defined sections will show off your talents for organisation.
Key skills for your project manager CV
The skills in your project manager CV should convince employers that you’re versatile, highly qualified, and experienced. Mix transferable soft skills with industry-specific hard skills, making sure to focus on those that are most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
Essential skills for a project manager position
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Global and strategic sourcing
- Productivity improvement
Additional skills to help your project manager CV make an impact
- PRINCE2 or agile workflow
- Relationship building
- Negotiating skills
- Strategic vision
- Purchasing and procurement
- Risk management
- Staff retention
Frequently asked questions about project manager CVs
How should I highlight my project management experience?
Project management experience should be highlighted throughout your CV and illustrated with examples such as:
- Brought £7.5 million of projects in on time.
- Procurement management that cut costs by 4.2% annually.
What do employers look for in a project manager?
When hiring a project manager, organisations look for a wide range of qualities:
- Attention to detail: because one wrong measurement could mean the difference between a project’s success and failure.
- Multi-tasking: it’s vital to be able to swap from preparing contracts in the office to managing a team on-site.
- Time management: critical when late delivery could cost millions in penalties.
- Great communication: it’s important to keep everyone fully informed, from vendors to contractors and customers.
What technical skills should a project manager have?
The precise technical skills a project manager needs will vary from project to project, but every candidate should demonstrate the following technical competency areas:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Scrum management
- Agile Practitioner certification
- Systems implementation
Related CVs Construction CV Examples
Build your perfect project manager CV
It’s easier than it’s ever been to create the perfect project manager CV using our CV builder. Project managers like you are using our tips, professional content, and templates to create interview-winning applications.
Our CV templates will give you a professional format and layout, and our helpful tips will make the process quick and easy. The end result will be a perfect project manager CV that impresses any employer.