Stellar project manager CV examples
The perfect project manager CV lets a recruiter see the wide range of projects you’ve managed throughout your career. From construction and staffing, to logistics and town planning, it shows you’ve used skills like budgeting, procurement, and risk management to deliver results.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Project manager CV example
We’ve been helping candidates to write project manager CVs for over a decade. Take a look at this perfect CV example to see what makes it so successful:
- A concise personal statement: It’s only 30 words long, but it includes professional accreditation, full project capabilities, and ambitions for the future.
- Relevant work experience: Each position is supported with three short, simple bullet points. It covers the many diverse management responsibilities and shows that this project manager has a relevant career history.
- An appropriate template: The candidate has chosen a template with a clean structure and clearly defined sections. This shows a recruiter they're professional, organised, and know how to pull together details and utilise them.
- Including certifications: This project manager has gained professional certifications whilst working. This demonstrates a keen commitment to personal development that impresses recruiters.
- A mix of skills: The skills are a blend of soft skills like being detail-oriented, and hard skills like budgeting and forecasting.
Frequently asked questions about project manager CVs
How would you describe your project management skills?
Project management skills should be described throughout your CV and illustrated with examples of their impact:
- Planning skills that managed and brought £7.5 million of projects in on time.
- Risk management to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Procurement management that cut costs by 4.2% annually.
- Negotiation skills that brought 35 projects in under budget.
What do employers look for in a project manager?
When hiring a project manager, organisations look for a wide range of qualities:
- Attention to detail: because one wrong measurement could mean the difference between a project’s success and failure.
- Multi-tasking: it’s vital to be able to swap from preparing contracts in the office to managing a team on-site.
- Time management: critical when late delivery could cost millions in penalties.
- Great communication: it’s important to keep everyone fully informed, from vendors to contractors and customers.
What technical skills should a project manager have?
The precise technical skills a project manager needs will vary from project to project, but every candidate should demonstrate the following technical competency areas:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Global sourcing
- Process improvement, demonstrated through Agile Practitioner Certification
- Systems implementation
Find more suggested skills in our CV builder.
Key skills for your project manager CV
The skills in your project manager CV should convince employers that you’re versatile, highly qualified, and experienced. Mix transferable soft skills with industry-specific hard skills, making sure to focus on those that are most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
Essential skills for a project manager position
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Global and strategic sourcing
- Multi-unit operations management
- Productivity improvement
- Purchasing and procurement
- Risk management
- Staff retention
Related skills to help your project manager CV make an impact
- Customer relations specialist
- Workforce training
- Consensus building
- Merchandising familiarity
- Relationship building
- Vendor sourcing
- Negotiating skills
- Strategic vision
- Follows relevant industry trends
Build your perfect project manager CV
It’s easier than it’s ever been to create the perfect project manager CV when you put our CV builder to work on your behalf.
Our CV templates will give you a professional format and layout, and our helpful tips will make the process quick and easy. The end result will be a perfect project manager CV that impresses any employer.