Balance the books with our accounts assistant CV example
Whether you’re at university or are a recent graduate, accounts assistant roles are in high-demand and can offer great starting salaries. The perfect accounts assistant CV showcases the wide range of accounting skills you can bring to a role and the ways in which those skills have impacted in your previous employment. It’s set out in a clear and professional manner and uses industry-specific language that recruiters expect.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Keep these tips from recruiters in mind when building your accounts assistant CV
Leave no room for error
Accounts assistants need to be attentive and have a good eye for detail in order to succeed in their day-to-day duties. Show off these characteristics in your CV by choosing a suitable corporate template and keep it neat and tidy. Follow an established structure and double-check for any typing or grammatical errors before sending it off.
Use job-related keywords
Your CV is the perfect place to show off your knowledge and understanding of what it takes to be an accounts assistant. Using sector-specific keywords and terms can help to achieve this. Use relevant phrases, especially in your personal statement, to prove that you know the accounts’ world well.
List your skills
Your accounts assistant CV should also include a list of relevant, core skills for this kind of work. This is where you should talk about your proficiency in areas like accounts management, bookkeeping, mathematics, computing, and financial analysis, along with other qualities like teamwork and adaptability.
Common questions about accounts assistant CVs
What is the job description of an accounts assistant?
An accounts assistant works within the accounting department of an organisation, with duties that include:
- Processing transactions, bills, and invoices.
- Preparing reports.
- Creating budgets.
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks.
What qualifications do I need to be an accounts assistant?
Although it is possible to train on the job as an accounts assistant, some qualifications will make your application stronger. These include:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting.
- A-Levels in maths and English.
- Creating budgets.
- Relevant qualifications in software like Quickbooks or Xero.
How do I find accounts assistant roles?
Job boards are the best place to start to find accounts assistant jobs, but you might also find it useful to look at these options:
- Write a list of your ideal companies and apply directly.
- Check the official CPAA website.
- Talk to friends in current roles for referrals.
Build your perfect accounts assistant CV
Putting the perfect accounts assistant CV together is quick and easy when you choose the right CV template and then get to work with our professional CV builder. Using the tools, tips and advice we provide you with can create a personalised CV that’s both professional and extremely effective.
Related CVs Finance CV Examples
- CFO CV examples
- Count on our finance manager CV example to get the gig
- Credit Controller CV Example
- Credit Manager CV Examples And Tips
- Credit Risk Analyst CV Example
- Finance Assistant CV Example
- Finance Consultant CV Example
- Finance Director CV Example And Tips
- Financial advisor CV examples
- Financial controller CV example
- Foreign Exchange Trader CV Example
- Investor Relations Officer CV Example
- Know Your Customer Analyst CV Example
- Mortgage advisor CV examples
- Risk manager CV examples
- Tax Assistant CV Example
- Trader CV Example
- View our #1 financial analyst CV example