Credit Controller CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryA fully qualified credit controller, I have gained extensive experience working in a number of industrial sectors including business to business and consumer environments. I am used to negotiating favourable financial settlements and of liaising with the relevant Financial Director to come to repayment agreements, where necessary. I have also gained extensive knowledge of small claims recovery procedures including attending County Court hearings to pursue debts. I am experienced with both write off and write on procedures. A great team player, I can also work efficiently from my own initiative without the need for constant managerial oversight. I have gained plenty of knowledge tracing people from my time seconded to a debt collection agency.
Core QualificationsDiploma in Debt Collection from the Credit Services Association (CSA)
- Certified in Credit Management (CSA)
- Telephone Collection Skills training from the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM)
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills (CICM)
- Driving license
Academic QualificationsA levels: English (C) and French (C)6 GCSEs including Maths, English and Chemistry
- Ability to recover older debts by utilising person tracing skills and negotiating payment plans.
- Highly professional telephone manner which helps to deal with customer debt disputes.
- Skilled presenter who can train junior team members in credit control principles.
Work ExperienceSenior Credit Controller, Glasgow -April 2013to present
- Responsible for running a credit control team of three people, reducing write off rates and bad debt provision year on year.
- Won several major disputes with clients prior to taking County Court action to recover debts.
- Ability to work well with the Sales Director to reduce business risk by ensuring some customer payments were made up front.
- Helped to reduce the overall level of debt, as a percentage of turnover, during my time.
- Was responsible for managing some key accounts and ensuring all sales invoice queries were dealt with promptly.
- Gained experience running credit checking reports for new clients.