Graphic Web Designer CV Example
A perfect graphic designer CV outlines your relevant qualifications like a BA in graphic design, as well as your extensive experience of working with clients. It highlights your ability to design brands, deliver projects, and drive revenue through hands-on work experience.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Graphic designer CV examples
Our graphic designer CV example shows you exactly what a high impact CV should look like. From design and layout to content, here are key points to note:
- Smart template choice: The CV template is clean and professional looking, with a deceptively simple layout. While it doesn’t show off all the designer’s original design skills or unusual graphics, it does demonstrate their ability to design for a specific audience.
- Use of bullet points: Rather than writing long paragraphs or sentences, this designer has used bullet points to keep things brief.
- A brief personal statement: This brief paragraph neatly explains that the Graphic Designer has 12 years experience and knows how to work for a diverse range of clients.
- Correct contact details: Up-to-date contact details are provided, including an email address that sounds professional, but isn’t from their current employer.
- A range of skills: By including a diverse range of skills like use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, logo and brand creation, this creative designer shows off their versatility.
Frequently asked questions about graphic designer CVs
What should a graphic designer put on a CV?
A graphic designer should put their formal qualifications and work experience on their CV:
- The jobs you’ve held, in reverse chronological order.
- Achievements and responsibilities from each post.
- Specific facts and figures to show how effectively you handled your responsibilities.
- A list of skills, like website design and infographics, that showcase your versatility.
- If you have one, a link to your design portfolio.
How do I get my CV noticed?
Get your CV noticed by using a CV template that's visually impressive:
- Clear headings and short sections.
- Lists and bullet points to convey maximum information.
- A CV template with a simple layout and plenty of white space around the text.
- Keeping it brief and to the point.
- Including a link to your design portfolio.
How do I make a graphic designer CV?
You make a graphic designer CV by including key details that demonstrate your experience, versatility, and creative approach as a graphic designer:
- Create a personal statement that briefly summarises your ambitions and experience.
- Highlight the formal qualifications and professional accreditations you hold.
- Include skills like product development, corporate branding, and client liaison.
- Check carefully for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Use our CV builder to make a perfect graphic design CV quickly and easily.
Essential skills for your graphic design CV
The skills listed on your graphic designer CV must show that you know how to respond to client demands, design and deliver projects, and work to specific briefs.
Must-have skills for graphic designers
- Expertise in software including Adobe® Illustrator, Photoshop, and Inkscape
- Website design
- Corporate branding
- Logo creation
- Production standards
- Research skills
- Project Management
Additional skills to help your CV beat the competition
- Ability to effectively plan
- Understanding of licensed products
- Marketing know-how
- Time management skills
- Written and verbal communication
Build your perfect graphic designer CV
Building a perfect graphic designer CV on your own doesn't have to be a difficult task when you work with our CV builder as it suddenly becomes quick and easy.
We provide CV templates that give you the framework for setting out your qualifications, achievements, and experience in a clear and concise manner. Ourhelp and tips will make it easy to fill in the right content, resulting in a graphic designer CV that shows any recruiter you’re a candidate worth getting to know.