Make an impression with our estate agent CV example
The perfect estate agent CV showcases a strong track record of property sales and lettings. It shows you're an agent who's experienced in liaising with clients and dealing with legal matters and would be an asset at any company. It includes important achievements such as the overall number and value of properties sold in a year.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Check out these three recruiter tips to prepare a quality estate agent CV
Stress your accomplishments
Give your CV the edge by highlighting unique achievements from your past. If you managed to help your last agency increase their portfolio or exceed sales targets, be sure to write this down. Even if you don’t have much experience, you can still highlight your academic successes.
Express your personality
Estate agents need strong social skills to succeed, so your character is essential. Use your CV's personal statement to mention some critical skills and traits that could help in the role, like your love of meeting new people, and your ability to work as part of a larger team.
Keep it brief
Don't overdo it! An estate agent CV shouldn't be any longer than two pages. Even if you have decades of experience in the business, there's no need to list every single position and duty. Stick to the critical skills, relevant qualifications, and bullet-point lists to make your CV easy to scan through for a recruiter.
Frequently asked questions about estate agent CVs
How do I write a CV for an estate agent?
Write a CV for an estate agent by carefully reviewing our estate agent CV example, then:
- Use our CV builder with the templates and framework you need to build a great CV.
- Create a personal profile that sells your achievements, skills, and ambitions for your property career in a single punchy paragraph.
- Outline your work history and accomplishments, demonstrating success with numbers.
- List your skills with particular emphasis on those mentioned in the job specification.
- Include relevant qualifications and certifications.
- Carefully personalise your CV to match the estate agency’s job specification. Start building your CV now.
Do you need any qualifications to be an estate agent?
You don’t need any educational qualifications to be an estate agent in the UK. The following qualifications will help your CV stand out:
- An NCFE Level 3 Estate Agent and Property Services.
- A Level 3 CPD Estate Agent Diploma.
- An undergraduate degree in property or planning.
- GCSEs, to demonstrate academic achievement.
What personal qualities make a good estate agent?
The property industry is a competitive, high-touch, people business. Highly desirable personal attributes include friendliness, communication, relationship building and natural charisma. People who thrive in fast-paced, busy, and highly target environments will be well-suited to working in property.