File this way for the perfect administrative assistant CV example
Administration is a demanding and exciting field where you can expect no day to be the same. People in administration roles keep businesses throughout the UK thriving, and your contribution is important for the British economy. The perfect administrative assistant CV is clear, concise, and organised, reflecting your highly efficient nature. The perfect CV will illustrate your experience, from day-to-day admin tasks such as filing, meeting planning, and data entry, and specific real-world examples – on top of education and training.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
What do recruiters look for in administrative assistant CVs?
Do you want to know exactly what recruiters look for in admin assistant CVs? Our perfect CV example shows you how to use the right structure and design to highlight key information and showcase your best administration abilities:
- Be easy to get hold of: It may sound obvious, but ensure you don't miss any of your details, such as your full legal name, email and physical address, and telephone numbers so that recruiters can easily get hold of you. With myPerfectCV your administrative assistant CV won't miss a beat, as we give you pointers along the way.
- Give them the keyword memo: Key skills like ‘highly organised and meticulous’ are highlighted immediately get employers interested. Back up your skills with a concise summary of experience – ‘coordinated management meetings, high-level conference calls, special events, and travel arrangements’.
- Don't (photo)copy the same skills and experience: Tell recruiters something different about each job. Repetition of your skills and experience is monotonous, and you need to keep recruiters interested. Try to highlight distinct skills developed in each role, such as coordinating calendars, event planning, or corporate liaison. Above all else, this will help to display your adaptability and versatility.
Essential skills for your administrative assistant CV
Administration is the beating heart of any business. Needless to say, employers want competent staff to keep everything in order. Make sure you highlight keywords from the job description when discussing your skills.
Must-have skills for admin assistant positions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Data management
- Event coordination
- File organisation
- Invoicing and billing
Complementary skills to help your administrative assistant CV stand out
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good grammar & spelling
- Familiar with industry terminology
- Fast typing – test your words-per-minute and accuracy online for the added wow factor!
Frequently asked questions about administrative assistant CVs
What are the key responsibilities of an admin assistant?
Admin assistants can be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Record keeping and filing.
- Call answering and forwarding.
- Meeting organisation and minute taking.
- Event and travel planning.
- Typing up documents from notes.
Is experience a must for an admin assistant?
Experience can be a huge selling point on your admin assistant CV. But it’s not an absolute must.
If you lack relevant work experience draw on other roles and life experience that can be linked to the role and responsibilities of an admin assistant.
How long should my admin assistant CV be?
A CV for administrative assistant role should be around one to two pages long.
- If you’re a graduate or school leaver looking for an entry-level admin role, one page is great!
- If you've got several administrative qualifications and have held numerous admin assistant roles, you may require two and up to three pages.
- Try to be concise wherever possible, as potential employers will have a lot of CVs to get through.
Build your perfect administrative assistant CV
Ready to take the next step in your administration career? With over a decade of experience helping ambitious admin assistants showcase their skills to potential new employers, we can help.
Our CV builder makes it quick and easy to create the perfect admin assistant CV. Choose from a range of professionally built CV templates and personalise with your own personal statement, experience, qualifications and skills. Get started on your ultimate admin CV today!