Head bartender CV example
An effective CV for a head bartender role is easy to skim read, presenting bar management experience in a concise and simple layout. The document needs to showcase key bartending skills such as pouring, taking orders, and monitoring consumption levels, while also providing an overview of work history and qualifications to date.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Head bartender CV examples
When it comes to writing your CV it can be hard getting started. For help and tips take a look at our example head bartender CV and get to grips with what recruiters will be looking for:
- Clear career progression: The candidate has made it clear that they started off as a ‘barback’ before securing their role as ‘head bartender’. This demonstrates to employers that they’re constantly improving and developing, but also that they understand all the different roles involved in the running of a bar.
- Education and skills: Within the skills section of the example CV there is a concise summary of the candidate’s key capabilities. For any role requiring ‘mixology’ or ‘wine pairing’, an employer will be able to quickly scan and decide that they are potentially a good fit for the role.
- Strong personal statement: The candidate has opened with an incredibly strong personal summary. It gives an indication of their personality, establishing rapport while still showcasing their key skills and experiences such as mixology and high-end service.
Frequently asked questions about head bartender CVs
What does a head bartender do?
A head bartender oversees the overall operation of the bar. Reporting to the general or area manager, they supervise stock while ensuring customers enjoy a positive experience. A key part to the role also includes training, ensuring that employees know how to make drinks and operate the bar.
What is the difference between a bartender and a head bartender?
While a head bartender will be overseeing the bar, a bartender will be performing most of the daily duties. A bartender serves customers, cleans the bar, and sets up at the start of the day. They’ll also have to change barrels. Meanwhile, head bartenders will be managing the workload of the staff and ensuring everything is running smoothly.
Important skills for your head bartender CV
As a head bartender you’ll be responsible for the successful running of a bar. Your employer will therefore need to know that you are capable of managing a team whilst serving drinks accurately.
Essential skills for head bartender positions
- Thrives under pressure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Exceptional customer service
- Inventory management
- Bar terminology
- Service of alcohol certification
Additional skills to help your head bartender CV stand out
- Exemplary customer service
- Mixology expert
- Effective multi-tasker
- Wine pairing knowledge