Administrative Assistant CV Examples
A perfect admin assistant CV is clear, concise, and organised, reflecting an efficient approach to the role. It should list relevant experience of day-to-day admin tasks such as filing, meeting planning, and data entry, with specific real-world examples – on top of education and training relevant to the administrative role.
Admin Assistant CV Examples
Want to know what an admin assistant CV should look like? Our perfect CV example shows exactly how to use the right structure and design to highlight key information and showcase your admin ability:
- Contact information: The candidate provides clear contact information for post, phone, and email at the top of the CV, so employers can get in touch with ease, however they prefer.
- Personal statement: Key skills like ‘highly organised and meticulous’ are highlighted immediately to get employers interested. They’re backed up by a concise summary of experiences – ‘coordinating management meetings, high-level conference calls, special events, and travel arrangements’.
- Experience: The candidate has listed the job title, location, and dates for each role in reverse chronological order, showing a clear timeline of their career to date and the progression from junior assistant to a senior administrative assistant role.
- Avoid repetition: Each job includes distinct skills developed in that role, such as coordinating calendars at Kinetic, event planning at Optima, and corporate liaison at Capita. Above all else this displays the candidate’s adaptability and versatility.
- Bullet points: The Work Experience and Skills sections are easy to skim read and pick out details. Skills include key phrases like ‘filing’, ‘communication’, and ‘clerical knowledge’ to clearly showcase the candidate’s biggest selling points without having to search.
Frequently Asked Questions About Administrative Assistant CVs
What are the key responsibilities of an admin assistant?
Admin assistants can be responsible for a wide range of tasks:
- Record keeping and filing.
- Call answering and forwarding.
- Meeting organisation and minute taking.
- Event and travel planning.
- Greeting and assisting visitors.
- Typing up documents from notes.
Is experience a must for an admin assistant?
Experience can be a huge selling point on your admin assistant CV. But it’s not an absolute must.
If you lack relevant work experience draw on other roles and life experience that can be linked to the role and responsibilities of an admin assistant.
How long should my admin assistant CV be?
A CV for administrative assistant roles should be as long as your experience and skills require.
- If you’re a graduate or school leaver looking for an entry-level admin role, one page should suffice.
- If you have several administrative qualifications and have held numerous admin assistant roles, you may require two or even three pages.
- Try to be concise wherever possible, as potential employers will have a lot of CVs to get through.
Essential Skills for Your Administrative Assistant CV
Administration is the beating heart of any business. Needless to say, employers want competent staff to keep everything in order. Make sure you highlight keywords from the job description when discussing your skills.
Must-have skills for admin assistant positions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Data management
- Event coordination
- File organisation
- Human resources management
- Invoicing and billing
- Inventory control
Complementary skills to help your administrative assistant CV stand out
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good grammar & spelling
- Knowledge of shorthand
- Familiar with industry terminology
- Use of software like QuickBooks
- Data analysis & statistics
- Fast typing – test your words-per-minute and accuracy online for the added wow factor!
Build Your Perfect Administrative Assistant CV
Ready to take the next step in your admin career? With over a decade of experience helping ambitious admin assistants showcase their skills to potential new employers, we can help.
Our CV builder makes it quick and easy to create the perfect admin assistant CV. Choose from a range of professionally built CV templates and personalise with your own personal statement, experience, qualifications and skills. Get started on your ultimate admin CV today!