Document Controller CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
A fully qualified document controller, I am familiar with all the procedures needed to keep records and logs of document retrievals in a modern business environment. I am well-versed in the updates, distribution and removal of documents from a library and competent with all security matters associated with securely held documentation. I also possess a wide range of administrative skills which include the ability to schedule meetings, carry out photocopying and faxing work, taking minutes or assisting with the preparation presentations. I am used to the major classification and organisation systems used today and am seeking a new position that will help me to improve my career prospects.
Core QualificationsLevel 1 Award in Information Management
- Integrated document control software trained.
- Archives and Records Association accredited
- Information and Records Management Society (IRMS) trained
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) in English Literature from the University of Anywhere 2:2A levels: English (B) French (C) and Psychology (D)9 passes at GCSE including Maths, English and Science
- Fully skilled with categorising, filing and retrieving documents in modern resource centres.
- Familiar with the common software and retrieval programmes used today.
- Able to take an orderly approach to keeping both physical and electronic documents, including the processes needed to discard obsolete records appropriately.
Work ExperienceDocument Controller | St Ives, June 2009 - Present
- Responsible for running a technical library in a firm of ship builders, accessing dozens of records daily.
- Overhauled the entire document management system to improve working practices.
- Trained a junior document control clerk to help with the day to day running of the library.
- Responsible for handling all older documents and establishing which ones were ready to be archived.
- Ensured that all archived documents were stored in compliance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Produced written reports on a quarterly basis for the document control manager.