Administrators face stiff competition when looking for jobs, which is why having a professional CV behind their job application is so important. We have compiled a specially designed administrator CV sample so jobseekers can build an individual and effective CV. This sample uses a strong format and has tailored, targeted content, giving administration jobseekers a distinct advantage over their competitors. Specific challenges that jobseekers in the administration profession can face include the need for specific administration knowledge when applying for jobs – for example, knowledge of administering financial software. Also, in a competitive field, applicants will need to show strong experience and qualifications. A further challenge is the range of skills required; for example, written, numerical and telephone/verbal skills. Referring to the five CV samples we provide as part of the administrator CV sample will help you to build your CV and secure that critical job interview.
Executive Assistant CV Sample
Creating an executive assistant CV is far easier when you refer to our do’s and don’ts in conjunction with our administrator CV sample. These will really assist you when it comes to creating your own unique CV. Impress recruiters and increase your chances of being shortlisted for an interview!
- Do show your multitasking abilities. For example, you may be required to answer the ‘phone, greet visitors in person and prepare invoices, all within a matter of minutes.
- Do show your strong written skills and ensure your CV is spell-checked and perfect in terms of grammar.
- Don’t make basic mistakes, such as formatting errors and typos. When it comes to being an administrator, precision and accuracy are key to the job.
- Don’t include sections on hobbies and interests or go into personal details in your CV. Today, this is considered unprofessional.
Personal Assistant CV Sample
When applying for jobs as a personal assistant, you need a standout CV and the following tips along with our administrator CV sample will help you to build the right kind of resume to make a bold impression. It’s critical to show how you have the winning edge, and our online tools can help you achieve this.
- Do show how you can provide invaluable support to an executive through your range of skills, along with your care and attention to detail.
- Do highlight your previous jobs and use strong action verbs to show your roles and duties. For example, use ‘led’, ‘set up’ and ‘managed’ in relation to projects you were involved in.
- Don’t allow poor spelling and bad grammar to mar your CV. For personal assistants, accuracy is vital.
- Don’t write a CV that goes beyond two pages in length. Recruiters prefer to read succinct documents with important information that stands out.
Receptionist CV Sample
Get one step ahead of the competition when writing your receptionist CV. Using our quick reference do’s and don’ts as well as our administrator CV sample, you can create an impressive resume.
- Do show how you can receive and resolve complaints from customers or members of the public, as receptionists often need to demonstrate conflict management skills.
- Do show your telephone skills in terms of answering, screening and forwarding calls, giving information, taking messages and making appointments.
- Don’t forget to show your technology skills, with evidence of how you can use IT to support your role.
- Don’t write long sentences or text that is hard to read. A receptionist needs to demonstrate top-class communication skills.
Recruiter CV Sample
Seal your success with a tailored administrator CV for a recruiter by referring to our do’s and don’ts in our administrator CV sample. These will help you to write an effective and individual CV.
- Do highlight your ability to assist in the hiring of employees and to process recruitment-related paperwork.
- Do go into details about your previous achievements and accomplishments.
- Don’t forget to write an impactful professional summary that sells your skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Don’t exaggerate in your CV or be tempted to falsify information.
Secretary and Admin Assistant CV Sample
Use our administrator CV sample and these quick tips to write your secretarial and administrative assistant CV that will encourage recruiters to select you for an interview.
- Do demonstrate your wide range of skills, linking these to your actual achievements in your current and previous roles.
- Do show how you’re different to other candidates and what makes you unique, e.g. by going the extra mile in the job.
- Don’t forget to show your participation in major, relevant projects.
- Don’t write your CV in a style that’s over-familiar. Base your CV on the example we’ve provided to pitch it just right.