If you are looking to advance your career as a community development worker, it is absolutely essential that your CV describes how and why you are a valuable asset to prospective employers. Writing a truly compelling CV requires an understanding of the kind of skills and achievements that can make a positive impression on employers. To help you succeed with CV writing, we have created a free community development worker CV sample, where you will find clear and targeted information on how you can turn your job search into a success story and get beyond the short-listing stage.
Community Development Worker CV Sample
/Paula Edwards/15 Anyroad, Anytown/01233 firstname.lastname@example.org
A confident, approachable, and experienced community development worker with a special interest in the issues affecting urban communities. Possess in-depth understanding of the legal framework and policy issues that surround community development projects. Ample experience fundraising in both profit and not-for-profit sectors in paid and voluntary roles. A quick and creative thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills and project management experience. Now seeking to put my skills to work in a challenging public sector role as a senior community development worker.
BA (Hons) Social Work, Any University, 2006-2009.
- Introduction to Welfare Benefits Training Course
- Introduction to Community Care Law
- Level 3 Certificate in Independent Advocacy, specialised in Advocacy Management
- Practical Leadership Skills Training Course
- Current DBS check
- Full and clean driving license
BA (Hons) Social Work, Any University, 2008-2011. A levels: Maths (B) French (B) English (A) Sociology (B) Psychology (B)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to empathise with individuals of different backgrounds
- Can work both as part of a team and on her own initiative
- Leadership skills
Community Development Worker | Any City, May 2013 – Present
- Liaised with community leaders in inner-city areas to identify critical needs
- Developed seven successful funding applications over the course of three years
- Oversaw the implementation of pilot public transportation programme
Community Development Worker | Any Housing Association, Any City, July 2009 | May 2013
- Developed several awareness raising campaigns that drew public attention to quality housing shortages
- Prepared reports and white papers using qualitative and quantitative data obtained during fieldwork
- Responsible for developing a fundraising appeal that raised £500,000
References can be provided upon request. This community development worker CV sample is only one of the many tools that we put at your disposal in our website. If you found it useful, feel free to browse through other sample CVs and to explore our full range of CV builder tools.