Analyse this, with our business analyst CV example
A business analyst helps to guide businesses in improving processes, products, services, and software through data analysis. As an analyst, you're likely a stickler for details and leave no stone unturned to help generate efficiencies. The perfect business analyst CV showcases a broad range of skills and experience, from deploying new software to analysing and interpreting trends. It uses a professional CV template that clearly sets out your work history and achievements, making it easy for recruiters to quickly spot career highlights and see how well you'd fit into the team.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
What are recruiters looking for in business analyst CVs?
Our perfect business analyst CV example can help you take the next step in your career. We've consulted with recruiters to see what guidance they have for creating the perfect business analyst CV, here are the top 3 things they look for when reviewing CVs:
- A professional look & feel: Being a business analyst, you're probably no stranger to sleek reports and concise formating. Choose a contemporary CV template that reflects this practice. Recruiters are looking for a clean, clear CV template that doesn’t include unnecessary sections.
- A punchy opening paragraph: In just 50 words or less, your opening paragraph should tell a recruiter that you are fit for the position, for example you might state that you are goal-orientated, proactive, personable, and analytical.
- Use of appropriate language: Ensure you use language fit for the role. Recruiters expect to see highly technical language and specialised skills from qualified candidates.
Frequently asked questions about business analyst CVs
Is becoming a business analyst a solid career path?
The role of a business analyst is a very promising career path, the role is in demand across a wide range of industries. It’s a multi-faceted job that opens up a variety of different future possibilities. These could include:
- Consultant in a specific field.
- Data Analyst or data scientist.
What are the best qualifications to get a job as a business analyst?
Qualifications are vital to get a good job in a highly competitive field like business analysis. Employers look for:
- A Bachelor of Business Administration will show that you’re equipped for the job.
- Further qualifications in sectors like business data, to broaden the range of positions you can apply for.
Vital skills for your business analyst CV
The skills on your business analyst CV should show that you can work with a wide range of business processes and know-how to deliver practical, measurable results.
Must-have skills for business analyst roles
- Advanced Excel modelling
- Data modelling
- Analytical thinking
- Revenue development
- Requirement tracing
- Functional requirements
Related skills to help your business analyst CV stand out
- Communications skills
- Working under pressure
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
Build your perfect business analyst CV
Take a look at our CV example, choose a CV template, and then work with our CV builder to create a perfect business analyst CV. It’s that easy!
With more than a decade’s experience in helping candidates worldwide, we’re confident we can help you build your own perfect CV and take the next step in your career. What are you waiting for?