Visual Merchandiser CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn energetic and highly creative visual merchandiser with ample experience working for high-street retailers. A quick learner with a detailed understanding of the interplay between design, business, and marketing, who has proven experience creating displays that are consistent with a company's brand image. A competent team player with a flexible approach to work and willing to travel on a regular basis. Currently seeking to gain more experience leading display teams and to expand my retail design skills through further hands-on experience.
Core QualificationsBA (Hons) Visual Merchandising and Promotional Design, Any University, 2009-2012. Graduated with First Class Honours.
- Member of the British Display Society (Cert. Level)
- Advanced Course in 3D Modelling and CAD (Online)
- Product Design for Retail, Online Course
- Clean driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) Visual Merchandising and Promotional Design, Any College, 2009-2012A levels: Art (A) English (C) Design & Technology (A) IT (B)
- Proficient user of software design tools (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Retail Smart, MockShop, etc.)
- A keen interest in retail and sales
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends
- Graphic design and 3D modelling skills
Work ExperienceVisual Merchandiser | Any City, August 2014 - Present
- Supervised in-store display team and trained retail staff in basic display techniques
- Created branded merchandising for special events (trade fairs, charity challenges, product launches)
- Designed and supervised the set up of a display that won an award by a prestigious retail design magazine
- Produced store display designs that supported the store's sales strategy
- Set up weekly window installations working in close collaboration with the visual merchandising manager
- Liaised with suppliers and ensured store display plans were in line with the agreed budget
- Responsible for inventory management