Visual Merchandiser CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryAn energetic and highly creative visual merchandiser with ample experience working for high-street retailers. A quick learner with a detailed understanding of the interplay between design, business, and marketing, who has proven experience creating displays that are consistent with a company's brand image. A competent team player with a flexible approach to work and willing to travel on a regular basis. Currently seeking to gain more experience leading display teams and to expand my retail design skills through further hands-on experience.
Core QualificationsBA (Hons) Visual Merchandising and Promotional Design, Any University, 2009-2012. Graduated with First Class Honours.
- Member of the British Display Society (Cert. Level)
- Advanced Course in 3D Modelling and CAD (Online)
- Product Design for Retail, Online Course
- Clean driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) Visual Merchandising and Promotional Design, Any College, 2009-2012A levels: Art (A) English (C) Design & Technology (A) IT (B)
- Proficient user of software design tools (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Retail Smart, MockShop, etc.)
- A keen interest in retail and sales
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends
- Graphic design and 3D modelling skills
Work ExperienceVisual Merchandiser | Any City, August 2014 - Present
- Supervised in-store display team and trained retail staff in basic display techniques
- Created branded merchandising for special events (trade fairs, charity challenges, product launches)
- Designed and supervised the set up of a display that won an award by a prestigious retail design magazine
- Produced store display designs that supported the store's sales strategy
- Set up weekly window installations working in close collaboration with the visual merchandising manager
- Liaised with suppliers and ensured store display plans were in line with the agreed budget
- Responsible for inventory management