Receptionist CV Examples
Receptionist CV Examples
Our perfect Receptionist CV example shows what you can achieve with our CV builder. Here’s what’s great about this CV example:
- A punchy personal statement: In a single paragraph of less than 30 words, this receptionist has let employers know that she has 8 years’ experience, managed a busy front desk with lots of visitors, and knows how to solve customers' problems.
- Appropriate contact details: The contact details are current. The email address is professional sounding and it's not the email from her current job.
- Demonstrate versatility: This receptionist’s employment history shows how versatile she is. Her career has taught her to tackle almost anything, from customer service challenges to inventory management and preparing documents.
- Use of facts and figures: Illustrating her achievements with specific numbers shows the impact that this receptionist has had on the job. For example, reducing costs by 7.5% shows effective supplier management.
- A scannable mix of skills: The CV template this candidate chose neatly lays out her great mix of hard skills like inventory management, and soft skills like multi-tasking.
- Including certifications: Highlighting the City & Guilds levels she’s reached shows this receptionist's commitment to her professional development.
Frequently Asked Questions About Receptionist CVs
What are the qualities of a good receptionist?
A good receptionist possesses a range of qualities, including:
- Being able to deal with visitors in a friendly manner.
- Being able to multi-task, such as answering the phone while organising shipping.
- Excellent time management.
- First rate verbal communication skills.
What qualifications do you need to be a receptionist?
Although there are no formal receptionist qualifications, the following skills will prove useful:
- A grasp of inventory and delivery systems.
- Experience in customer service.
- Professional certifications like City and Guilds in word processing.
- GCSEs or A levels in English and mathematics.
- An understanding of filing systems.
Use our CV builder to choose a professional template that highlights your qualifications and skills in your own Receptionist CV.
What computer skills should a receptionist have?
The following computer skills will help your receptionist CV stand out from the crowd:
- Working with spreadsheets to gather and collate information.
- Experience and knowledge of office software such as Word.
- Understanding of various social media platforms.
- The use of business software like accounting platforms.
Check out our full range of skills for Rreceptionists in our CV builder.
Important Skills for Your Receptionist CV
The skills you include in your Receptionist CV should highlight your experience and expertise. They’ll convince recruiters that you can successfully liaise with customers and suppliers, work with fellow team members, and execute core duties like dealing with incoming and outgoing posts.
Top skills for a receptionist
- Professional and smart presentation
- Shipping and receiving
- Correspondence distribution
- Inventory management
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Travel planning
- Verbal and written communication
- Use of office software
Additional skills to help your Receptionist CV stand out
- Personable and outgoing
- Security awareness
- Multitasking and prioritisation
- Excellent memory
- Time management
- Organisation skills
- Word processing
- Attention to detail
Build Your Perfect Receptionist CV
Working with the right CV templates and taking our tips and advice will make it quick and easy to create an effective CV to move your career forward.