The first step in a successful job search for a new business position is to have an effective, well-written and properly presented CV that must be tailored to the vacancy advertised. A business CV should reflect your most impressive educational qualifications, work-related accomplishments and relevant skills. Before drafting or updating your CV, it will be helpful to review this business CV sample to gain an idea of the right information and correct formatting to use. Basing your job application on the business CV sample below is a great way to get your application noticed by the HR or business manager and secure that all-important interview.
12, Tannery Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF5 4NR/01420 firstname.lastname@example.org
A professional, sales-orientated manager with extensive experience in customer care, sales training and business administration, including high-volume sales order processing. Excellent communication skills and experienced at facilitating dialogue to build rapport between team members and customers, whether external or internal. Other key strengths include a dedicated and motivated approach, an ability to accept challenges outside the comfort zone as well as planning and prioritising weekly, monthly and medium-term objectives to achieve organisational goals.
Currently looking for a new challenge, to work and develop further in a senior/area manager or sales director role, ideally with a medium to large business.
- Appraisal Skills for the Appraiser (2013).
- Health and Safety in the Workplace The Coordinator’s Responsibilities(2011).
- Microsoft Office Excel Advanced (2010)
Business Development Manager – June 2012 to date
Bestgreen Agriculture Ltd, Bridgnorth, Shropshire
- Responsible for building client relationships and customer base.
- Training sales team and monitoring performance.
- Developing business contacts through prospecting (mail/telephone), exhibitions and business fairs.
- Organising special promotions and sales campaigns.
Sales Administration Supervisor October 2009 to May 2012
Healthcare Direct Distributors (Midlands) Ltd
- Face-to-face sales and business communication, telephone calls and responding to email enquiries.
- Agreeing and confirming sales and purchase orders, liaising with suppliers and hauliers.
- Sales and activity forecasting and reporting by representative and region.
- Sourcing commercial and office products and services at competitive prices.
Business and Accounting (BA Hons) – University of Wolverhampton
(September 2006 June 2009)
A-level passes – Thomas Telford School, Old Park, Telford, Shropshire.
- English Language.
- Business Studies.
- Computer Science.
In addition to this business CV Sample, a number of other very useful example CVs are available, which offer valuable insight into the CV writing process. Job seekers are advised to consult the tools and CV builder on this site for further help.