When it comes to submitting a winning application, engineering job candidates who know how to compose the best CVs have a distinct advantage. Also, engineering vacancies are diverse and the selection processes sometimes competitive, so it is important to check the job details and requisites carefully. Emphasise your relevant experience or certifications in your CV and covering application, based on the particular engineering role for which you are applying. We advise you to use the most appropriate of the five engineering CV sample documents on this page to help you craft a professional quality resume and maximise the chances of an invitation to interview.
Advanced Semiconductor Engineer CV Sample
Knowing the best CV writing practices gives applicants for semiconductor engineering jobs a real boost. We suggest you use this engineering CV sample as a guide and follow the recommendations listed.
- Remember to include details of valuable experience, including R&D and specialist sectors, such as defence.
- If applying for a higher level position, illustrate a logical career path in previous roles to date – for example, from component to assembly testing, or from supervision to consultancy, analysis or process improvements.
- Don’t forget to explain any abbreviations (in parentheses) the first time you use them unless the meaning is common in the industry and will be clear to readers.
- In the work history section, don’t omit details of the semiconductor industry sector – unless this is clear from the employer name.
Aeronautical Engineer CV Sample
As an aeronautical engineer, a top-quality resume is so important to show a prospective new employer your skills, experience and strengths. Use this aeronautical engineering CV sample to help your application get ahead of the competition.
- If you are currently studying towards any additional professional certifications or qualifications, include them with a clear note that they are still in progress. These studies demonstrate motivation and commitment on your part.
- As well as technical skills, employers and recruitment experts value time management, problem solving, and critical thinking. An eye for quality and the ability to optimise processes is also useful in the aeronautical industry.
- Do not forget to mention your previous achievements, specific milestones and awards received (if applicable).
- Without divulging any secrets, give some detail of the space vehicle or airframe type for each previous role. Include design package experience, particularly CAD systems.
Aerospace Engineer CV Sample
Qualified job seekers can use this aerospace engineering CV sample and the examples of formatting and wording to give their resume and application a head start.
- In the work history descriptions, give some examples that show your teamwork skills as well as a good understanding of propulsion and guidance systems, structural analysis, prototyping and testing.
- If appropriate, create a separate Achievements/Career Highlights section and place it before Work Experience. Remember to include quantifiable metrics.
- Do not miss out skills that will be valuable to the prospective aerospace engineering employer, such as risk assessment and mitigation planning.
- Above all, avoid sending out an unchecked CV document. Spellcheckers do not detect words that are spelt correctly but used wrongly. If possible, ask someone else to proofread it carefully.
Application Manager CV Sample
Candidates for application manager roles may wish to use this engineering CV sample and these recommendations as a guide to composing a strong resume and increasing their chances of success.
- As well as employers’ names and addresses include a brief description of the sector for each previous job.
- Technical authorship, including RFP (request for proposal) experience, is also useful to potential employers.
- Do not forget to state whether software experience is for portable devices or workstations, including the operating system(s). Detail your familiarity with or working knowledge of development environments and languages, such as C++, Java and SQL.
- Instead of listing only duties and responsibilities in your career history to date, do not forget to mention relevant accomplishments and awards received.
Architectural Engineer CV Sample
If you are applying for a new role as an architectural engineer, we suggest you review this engineering CV sample for some examples of the best formatting. Additionally, our recommendations below will help to strengthen your application.
- The professional summary and work history sections should be written carefully to detail your experience of engineering project documentation, budgets, inspections, reports, project drawings, blueprints and CAD tools.
- Include valuable soft skills that would be useful if you were offered the new role; the ability to handle or manage concurrent projects and excellent client communication are just two examples.
- Do not overlook the usefulness of experience of differing building materials.
- Avoid mentioning contentious topics, such as politics and religion.